Thursday, May 31, 2007

rain, rain, & (you guessed it) more rain


Click for Managua, Nicaragua Forecast

So the ticker says "drizzle" but in fact it has been pouring all day since early this morning...

...so much rain that I was using our broom to sweep water off our porch (which was falling in from the neighbor's roof)

...so much rain, that I was worried about it leaking through the foundation (not to worry, the house is still very dry inside)

...so much rain that I decided to wear flip flops to the grocery store earlier to avoid ruining a pair of shoes and it turned out to be a good decision because even with an umbrella, I soaked my capris in the process of stepping through large puddles and moving water. Yikes! (Yes, I did clean my feet thoroughly afterwards.)

So much rain. But I am definitely NOT complaining. The temperature here has dropped at least 15 degrees in the last week and I have worn 2 long-sleeve shirts to work this week. Yippee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah.

It's been a hot and (mainly) dry May here, but probably nowhere near what you were going through.

Enjoy the relief!