Tuesday, July 29, 2008

viva mexico!!!

No, I haven't changed country assignments. But I did just spend an awesome week with some Nicaraguan college students in the middle of interior Mexico, 3 hours north of the capital (where it was cold!!!). We were there for a sub-regional leadership conference, to which I was invited by my Nica friend Freddy (as an InterVarsity alum, I fit right in with the students and the leadership--it definitely made me miss Chapter Camp and Breakthrough. Anyone else out there miss those days?) in order to encourage and support the Nica delegation.

Anyway, I have a lot to say about the experience, but since I've managed to get sick in the last 24 hours since I came back to Managua, I'm going to have to save the many posts I have stored up in my brain for later on when I have more mental energy--in the meantime, check out the photos!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2037462&l=a0cb9&id=24902194

3 comments:

Derek and Claire Plantenga said...

Hola Pamela

Great photos of the conference! We got to go to San Miguel de Allende a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We saw the main things in town (plaza, cathedral, historic sites) and then took some day trips out to the middle of nowhere to ride horses through the countryside and go to a swimming pool area fed by natural hot springs. Too bad most people just stay on the coasts--central Mex is beautiful!

Just wanted to let you know we're thinking about you. Hope you feel better soon!
Claire

Dawn said...

yes, totally miss the chapter camp & breakthrough days. it sounds sadder than i mean it to, but i've never found community like i knew it in intervarsity.

i totally miss you too, dear.

Unknown said...

that is "El Castillo" in Guanajuato, very near Queretaro, right? I love that place, I went to many activities there.