Wednesday, March 01, 2006

o heart of my heart

O heart of my heart
From a midsummer night’s dream
Your form once a mystery
Now too interwoven with mine to part

Where did you learn to listen with your heart?
Broken glass mixed in a cautious laugh
Silent terror caught in a bated breath
Clouds stirring in the eyes of a photograph

Like a caged bird finally set free
By the music of your heart
You unlock so many gates
that oft imprison me

Where did you learn to love with your soul?
To look beyond what meets the eye
To cherish my inmost parts
Every imperfection, large and small

O heart of my heart
Your tenderness makes me soar
Every time I hear your gentle voice
I love you more and more

-pjn 2/28/06

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, I love this. It is beautiful, and so are you.... Peace, mujer... Amy

pamela said...

thanks, amy. tu eres hermosa tambien. abrazos!