Wednesday, August 02, 2006

a moment of jealousy

fact #1: ten days ago one of my colleagues down here received 4 letters in the mail from home (i know this because i personally delivered them to her from the office mailbox).

fact #2: i have received 4 pieces of real mail (excluding bills) in the last 3 months.

fact #3: today a bunch of mail came, and there were 4 more letters for the same person.

fact #4: instead of being grateful for what i have received, i am comparing myself to others. and feeling jealous. and sad. and wistful.

i wish i were more "spiritual", but this is the truth. laying it all out there. just wanted to give you a little insight into my heart today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still looking for your guac packet. When I find it, you will have mail!

pamela said...

you are too sweet, e!