Thursday, February 15, 2007

lagrimas y amistad

i shed a lot of lagrimas yesterday, most of which was a result of a situation that i have been asked not to disclose on this blog. what i will share is how one of my best friends in nicaragua responded to my sadness and tears. after a conversation with h. yesterday, i received this (translated) note from him this morning:

"Nicaragua is not easy, Pamela. I congratulate you for accepting the challenge of coming here and continuing to be here. I really admire your spirit of service. Thank you for sharing your tears; it is good to give space for our cries. For God, they are like poems or perfume. Just be sure that nothing that is not worth it makes you cry. A pastor I know says something I often remember: "let's not keep crying new tears for old pain" Many blessings!"

where would I be without this beautiful amistad?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pamela, I wish I could give you a BIG HUG!!!!! Hopefully, I'll see you soon and be able to. Know you are loved and prayed for.

soupablog said...

si, si, sis.