Saturday, September 15, 2007

at the bisou bisou

Andrea and I were pretty psyched to try out this cute new restaurant, Bisou Bisou, on the southern edge of Managua yesterday--our first crepes in a LONG while (check out A's banana and nutella below, yum!). The menu also boasted other delectable looking temptations like bread bowl soups, salads, and all manner of coffee bevs. Unfortunately, I think it will be another long while before we go back, because of the prices. And, though it's hard to see much of the ambiance in these pics, the place was adorable. Wooden tables, fresh-cut flowers, wrought iron candelabra on the wall, black and white photos of sweet kisses, etc. If it weren't for the reggaeton club music blasting into the air, I might have thought I had left the country.
...
And speaking of leaving the country, I will be in the great State of Texas in about 2 days for a 2 week visit, so if you'd like to get together at some point (or even if you don't or can't), drop me a comment. I love hearing from you!

(I had the spinach and cheese crepe, which was also delicious but not nearly as mouthwatering as this one.)

3 comments:

Alan & Beth Claassen Thrush said...

How do you all find so many great places to eat? We're really slow in this area...we find one place we like (aka El Coche) and we just keep going back. Maybe one of these days...
-Alan

soupablog said...

Homer Simpson voice:
"Mmmmmmmm Nutella..."

Let's go for dessert crepes at Cappycino's when you're back in town.
Maybe Amy and I can find childcare some nite.

Sharis said...

I love crepes and coffee. Evidently, Nicaragua is my dream country.