Monday, June 02, 2008

among other kindred spirits...


I said goodbye (for now) to my friend Jeff (above) who returned to the States on Friday. Besides being the professor for the semester program that just ended a few weeks ago, he has been my constant political conversation partner over the last 5 months as well as an all around fun person to hang out with. (He'll be back in January with another group of students.)

Jeff is one of a few people here in Nicaragua that I can honestly call kindred spirits. People with whom conversations are never awkward. People with whom I feel understood, but also challenged and encouraged. People with whom I can honestly discuss my struggles as I seek to live faithfully in a second culture not my own.

As much as I love many parts of my life here, there have also been a lot of hard times. And I do not think I would have made it this long without these individuals as a part of my life here. And as I enter my third year, I just want to thank these special friends. You know who you are.

Mil gracias, de verdad. Por todo lo que son y todo lo que han hecho. Les amo mucho.

1 comment:

Sharis said...

Can't believe you are entering your 3rd year.