Monday, February 06, 2006

what's in a dream?

rarely do i remember my dreams. and when i do, it's typically a random assortment of images and moments, not a sequence of events. this morning i awoke with the disturbing feeling i always have when the remnants of an unpleasant dream survive the shift in consciousness that occurs for me around 6:30am on weekdays.

this, in a nutshell (though in no particular order), is what i remember: having to leave my house because of some mortal danger, along with a whole slew of other people (all strangers), wandering the streets of an unfamiliar neighborhood, finding shelter in a Salvation Army facility, having nothing in my possession to speak of, finding shelter again in an abandoned natural history museum (i am not making this up--i was sitting among paleozoic era artifacts--though how i know they were paleozoic is beyond me--i was never a science girl), and being told by my current roommate that she no longer wanted my mail coming to her address.

hmmm....

No comments: