Wednesday, April 26, 2006

computer works, coworkers surprise, sleep heals

Thanks to an anonymous friend, I now have a laptop to take to Nicaragua. Aleluia! My little Thinkpad is old but refurbished, works very nicely, and has plenty of space for fun things like itunes and picture editing software. So, I spent most of Sunday afternoon and Monday night learning its quirks--which was a time-consuming and sleep-depriving process. I was able to make it through my farewell breakfast at MadHatter's Tuesday with coworkers (who presented me with a lovely card and surprise sendoff gift), but the rest of the day was a real struggle.

By the time I got home, I was about ready to mail it in, but the back room where all my remaining possessions sit demanded my attention...to which I willing gave 2 hours, until I was frustrated, sad, hungry, and altogether beyond the pale. I had intended to watch the Spurs game, but I opted for what I anticipated would be a brief nap instead. That "brief nap" ended at about 11:30pm, when I awoke just in time to catch the dramatic finish to Game 2 (a victory!).

No matter how much progress I make on the list of little logistical things I need to do between now and next Tuesday, I continue to feel overwhelmed with the work that remains. Part of me wishes I could have accomplished more last night. But most of me is grateful that the Lord grants sleep to those He loves (Psalm 127:2). Those 3 hours were more than bodily rest, they were emotionally healing.

And His mercies are new every morning. Gloria a Dios!

No comments: