Wednesday, March 14, 2007

awful alfredo

Maybe it's the heat--or that I have no one to cook for with Andrea out of town with a team--but tonight I had no desire to make anything on the stove. Not even scrambled eggs.

So yes, I succmbed to the temptation of Chicken Alfredo, Healthy Choice microwave dinner style (first time in 11 months in Nicaragua).

To no avail. It was watery, lacking flavor, and...well, awful.

Moral of the story: no matter how tired or culturally stressed out I am, I will never buy microwave meals here again.

The chocolate treat from a local bakery, however, was delightful.

That is all.

p.s. I'm leaving town to visit the FH team in Chinandega tomorrow morning, so happy early St. Patrick's Day if I don't get a chance to post something along the lines of how the Irish saved civilization that day.

No comments: