Friday, August 03, 2007

i'm still here.

It's been a busy week, but I promise to get back the business of blogging before the weekend ends. In the meantime, here's the Cliff's Notes on my past week:

-I was invaded by parasites and cured. Yippee for suero and mysterious carbon pills.
-I house sat for a night at my boss' house, where the lights went out at 5pm...I went to sleep at 6pm. (The bonus was in the morning, when Nicaragua's national bird the Guardabarranco sang its song sitting on a tree less than 10 feet from me.)
-We had a "dia feriado" (vacation day) Wednesday for the celebration of Santo Domingo, the patron saint of Managua.
-I finished a major report on our ministry's work for the entire last year in the region of Chinandega.
-I've become a fan of the Cuban band Grupo Moncada.
-The paternal grandmother of a good friend is dying and I am headed out of town today to be with the family.

More when I return. Love to all.

No comments: