Monday, November 10, 2008

ometepe!!

In what could be my last trip to the island paradise of Ometepe where I just spent the last 4 days getting a little much needed R&R...

-I walked more than 15 kilometers in 2 days


-I climbed at least halfway up a volcano to see a gorgeous waterfall (and then got drenched in it)


-I spent many hours laughing with my roomie Andrea and her friend Shannon visiting from PA

-I ate the best brocheta de pollo (shish-ka-bob) of my life (made with curry, pineapple, banana, green pepper, tomato and onion)

-I saw some cool pre-columbian petroglyphs...


-I sweated buckets

-I enjoyed the beauty of dozens of colorful flowers (Dawn, this one remind me of you!)


-I swam in a "fountain of youth", the pristine mineral waters of the "ojo del agua"

-I biked on muddy, rocky roads, took a nasty fall, and escaped with one knee scraped up and several bad bruises

-I became obsessed with a bluejay like bird called the uracca, which turns out to behave remarkably like a pigeon

-I witnessed several breathtaking sunrises and sunsets


-I finished Henri Nouwen's book "Camino a Casa" por fin!

See a lot more photos here: http://tiny.cc/6JAxf

1 comment:

Dawn said...

wow, what an awesome weekend!! i'm sorry you had a fall and got hurt, but you sure looked like you had fun. beautiful flower!! thanks for thinking of me. ;)