Saturday, September 23, 2006

what i'm missing tonight

In no particular order (and certainly not comprehensive)...

Chilaquiles, hugging my niece and nephew, homemade meals at Amy's, Wednesday night dinners and music practice for CWS, lunches after worship, evening walks downtown, Trinity House, greeting time, Taco Cabana, the San Antonio skyline, Communion, driving, sermons in english, Madhatter's, the affection of old friends, Beto's, SoulHouse, phone calls, liturgy, books in English...

[Sigh.]

The tears have came easily today. And my heart hurts tonight, as I remain awake and unable to rest into the early hours of a Sunday morning in Managua.

Oh, friends, how I wish I could see you, hug you, laugh with you, hear the stories of your day, be near you, just for an hour or two. But since I cannot, know that I miss you, I love you, and my thoughts are never very far from you.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

dearest pammie, i will tell you a story of my day: we found out dave was turned down for a youth pastor position in illinois that we really liked. it sucked.

like you, i miss taco cabana just about every single hour here in virginia. not having it as an option for tex-mex is a serious affront to my lifestyle, but i deal with it!

let's share our sadness. thanks for using your blog for honest sharing. it's refreshing and engaging.

love you mucho!!