I like lists, so here we go (in no particular odor).
1. Chicken roasting on outdoor grills being sold by neighborhood fritangas in the evening.
2. Fumes from bus exhaust pipes.
3. Greasy gallo pinto (the quintessential Nica dish consisting of rice and beans and varying quantities of oil).
4. The cold milky-chocolate beverage known as cacao.
5. Horse doo-doo on the road to work.
6. The delicate fragrance of bright orange and purple flowers hanging over cement walls.
7. The distinct onion-based scent of women who sell quesillos (cheese, cream, and grilled onions inside a warm tortilla).
8. Sweet, freshly baked tortas.
9. Crunchy fried banana strips with cabbage/tomato/lime juice salad.
10. Slightly decaying dog flesh. (Okay, so that's not daily, but we HAVE crossed paths with 2 dead dogs on the way to work in the last few months. And, well, the odor is something else.)