Monday, November 14, 2005

seize the day

Do you know anyone who wakes up every morning thinking about how s/he can change the world? Erwin McManus says he does. Here, two of my favorite quotes from one of his books, Seizing Your Divine Moment.
Seizing your divine moment is not simply about opportunity; at the core it is about essence. It’s about the kind of life you live as a result of the person you are becoming. The challenges you are willing to face will rise in proportion to the character you are willing to develop.

And speaking of challenges:

God rarely shows you the problem so that you can tell someone else about it…He burdens the heart that He calls.

The whole concept of McManus's book reminds me of an old Carolyn Arends song that I love. Some of the lyrics:
"Well one thing I've noticed wherever I wander/Everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander/You can do what you will with the days you are given/I'm trying to spend mine on the business of living"
Amen.

No comments: