Friday, June 15, 2007

color me happy


As Peter and I drove up the pothole ridden highway between Chinandega and Somotillo on Wednesday, I could not help but marvel at the brilliant hue of green in every tree, shrub, and cornfield we passed. Just one month into the rainy season, and the whole northwestern region of Nicaragua has literally come back to life. "Greener than the greenest green" was the only thing I kept thinking to myself. Add that to the strikingly clear blue sky and the puffy white clouds looking more crisp than a freshly bleached sheet in the sky, and you have one of the most picturesque mornings I have witnessed thus far in this country. Two hours of indescribable beauty, and I did not take a single photo. I think that would have spoiled it somehow--as if beauty that perfect really just deserved to be noticed and enjoyed in all its glory, not captured in some digital lense that could never do it justice anyway. [I did take one when we arrived at our destination, Ojoche, which you see at left.]

3 comments:

mystereiss said...

"be praised for all Your tenderness
by these works from Your hands,
suns that rise, and rains that fall to bless
and bring to life Your land
look down upon this winter wheat
and be glad that You have made
blue for the sky
and the color green
to fill these fields with praise"
- Rich Mullins, The Color Green

(immediately came to mind when reading your post; it's what comes to mind every time I see green beauty outside) - that man knew how to use words! ("winter wheat" - love the alliteration) - this is Dawn, btw, not my husband.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I have been so blessed. Don't stop blogging.

soupablog said...

great post.
sorry it's been two weeks since I've read yours (or any) blogs. been out of it.