Monday, September 08, 2008

my crazy friend miguel, and other weekend tales

Miguel is one of the fun new friends I have made at my new church. The group of jovenes (youth) ranges from 20ish to 30ish, so it makes for quite the bunch. Students, working professionals, and everything in between. Musicians, environmental activists, NGO program coordinators, accountants, architects...well, you get the idea. Last night was the weekly Sunday gathering, and Miguel was in a "I wanna look like a gangsta funk", thus the look.

This is one of the busiest weekends I have had lately--I saw two movies (21 and Elizabeth), went to my new Saturday morning Latin dance class (2 hours of hard core salsa, samba, merengue, bachata, cha-cha, and reggaeton--and no partner needed--and lots of different skill levels--definitely my kind of place), cooked a spaghetti dinner with some other North American friends (and one European!), traveled to Leon to document a youth leadership training, met a blood transfusion expert on the way home who made me jealous with all her tales of life in Europe where she had studied, read up on folk religion for the Dordt class this morning, and went to church. [Insert deep breath here.]

Hopefully I won't crash on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miguel is Lokito!!!! hhaahahah..pero aun conserva la inocencia y la gracia de un nino lo que es muy agradable....
besos