Tuesday, January 17, 2006

eight weeks and counting...

After wrestling with the logistics of attending a 3-week training (March 15-April 7th) required of all new Food for the Hungry staff for quite some time, I finally feel at peace with the decision. Originally I was concerned about going before I had finished support-raising, but I am getting close (relatively speaking--I still have about $5K left to go) and feel like this is the faithful decision to my calling (especially considering that the next training is not until August).

I still haven't worked out whether I will have to quit my job before attending this training, but if I do, I'm comfortable with the idea of temping or doing whatever I need to in the time between returning from the training and being able to leave for Nicaragua. I am hopeful and prayerful that I will be able to board a plane for Managua before the end of April.

It is hard to imagine that March 15th is 8 short weeks away. Lord, help me seize every moment in the meantime and make every day spent with loved ones meaningful and memorable...

No comments: