Tuesday, January 03, 2006

untitled

Shamanic prophecy and certainty
About life, the universe, and everything
Words of divine truth proceed from your lips
But it’s hard to come to grips
With epiphanies you claim come from the Source
When you glaze over the Truth I embrace and call it
an empty force

a peck here, a peck there, and everything is fine
obligatory displays of affection to soothe your restless mind
but deep inside a chasm remains
between your heart and mine
kisses like Ezekiel’s bones
and embraces like rusty bolts

what little connects us now
but some blood and a lineage
much thinner than the water that
ties me to another family tree
united by Love and eternity

where then shall I lay my head
not in the lap of one who nursed me at birth
but in the arms of One who gave me
Bread to sustain and Balm to regain
all hope.

-pjn 1/3/05

1 comment:

pamela said...

Que piensas, Pablo?