Monday, January 30, 2006

moments...

"it was only a moment but that moment i keep, even if it means that i lose some sleep" -leslie kastrop, whose music i discovered today

so many moments from this weekend...driving to harper, tx with s.b. for a day at a friend's ranch...listening to s.d.'s hilarious stories of her father's antics (including an unfortunate incident in which the invincible mighty mouse is killed by a mouse trap)...licking vanilla/peach ice cream out a cone (it is 75 degrees here you know)...staying up til 1AM talking in the dark...petting horses...lunch at the Roadkill Cafe...offering my smile and kind eyes to homeless people at the SAMM Shelter as they wearily hand me their bags and are given a claim ticket for the morning (what else can i give?)...lifting my voice in a prayer for mercy among brothers and sisters sunday morning...discussing the spirituality of justice (consensus: it's more than equity--it's about love)...reclining outside in the january sun...consuming a.d.'s homemade salsa (delicioso!)...reflecting on Jesus as the Good Shepherd...a head-clearing bike ride (in which pain inducing uphill climbs were rewarded with an equal number of exhilarating downhill adventures)...and some brief entertainment brought to me by NBC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Crossing Jordan. My mild Sunday diversion.

Also, you've made me remember my many late nights at the SAMM shelter. I'm glad you still go.